Pathways to Recovery
Certified Peer Counselor Conference
August 27th & 28th 2019 in Tacoma, Washington
This conference is designed to support working Certified Peer Counselors. We are looking for dynamic presenters, including peers, with experience, skill, and expertise in peer support to present at the 2019 Conference. Please come and share what you have learned about being a successful peer supporter!
Please apply soon, application deadline: March 25th
* Workshops are scheduled for approximately 75 min.
* Workshops must include activities, role-plays, games, practice, or other active learning
* Applications are due by March 25, 2019!
* Applications must include (see page 2):
- A 2-3 paragraph description of the workshop, including goal(s) and objectives
- A one paragraph “Presenter Bio”: description of each presenter (limit of 3), including peer work experience, other qualifications relevant to the presenting, and/or education.
Possible Presentation Topics: Other topics gladly considered
- Staying in a peer role
- Art and Expression in Recovery
- Supportive Housing
- SUD Recovery Peers
- Suicide Prevention
- Skills for Youth Peers
- Self-care, Including WRAP
- Peer Bridger Programs
- Trauma Informed Peer Support
- Benefitting from Supervision
- Supporting DBT Skills
- Peer Support in Challenging Times
- Skills for Family Partners
- Learning About Other Cultures
- Healthy Boundaries
- Co-occurring Disorders
- Integration & Recovery
Each presenter will receive complimentary conference registration (value $75 plus free meals).
You will be responsible for your own hotel and travel.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (206)-434-2954Apply